1. Chicken & Waffles. I have heard of ‘chicken and waffles’ since I moved South. I have never tried the two together, as the flavor combination is lost on me (perhaps it’s my Midwestern upbringing?). Lays potato chips is introducing three new flavors, and one of them is, you guessed it, Chicken & Waffles. I bought a bag on a whim and brought it home. Emma immediately zoned in on the bag as I walked through the door. Despite the fact that she had just finished dinner, she announced she wanted “five” chips. (Don’t know what her deal is with ‘five’, but she wants everything in fives.) After one bite, she screwed up her face, spit it out, and informed she would not be eating anymore. I too tried a bite… and came to the same conclusion. GROSS.
2. Real Buttercream Frosting. This weekend, we went to a birthday party for my best girlfriend’s daughter. We have decided that our daughters are best friends also, and are hopeful that they continue to like each other! The centerpiece of any birthday party is the cake. This cake was incredibly dense, yet moist almost like a white pound cake. But, the cake paled in comparison to the frosting. I normally do not care for frosting. Normally, I scrape it to the side and leave it in a small mountain on my plate (thankfully, Emma thinks frosting is its own food group, so she gobbles mine- and anyone else’s she can get her hands on- up.) This frosting wasn’t overly sweet, instead, it was butter. Pause for just a second and let that brilliance seep in: CAKE SURROUNDED BY BUTTER! Life Changing, I tell you!
3. Salted Caramel. I like the sweet/ salty combination. I love salted caramel candies. Salted caramel cookies are divine. Salted caramel frozen yogurt at Menchie’s is TERRIBLE. It’s like eating the ocean- all brine and salt. The only thing missing was a fishy smell. I would recommend you stick with the Red Velvet, as that is The Most Amazing Flavor Ever.
(Good grief, I must be really hungry! Now for some non food stuff…)
4. Thimerosal. Don’t know what this is? I didn’t either until last week. Thimerosal is a preservative in cosmetics and contact solutions. And, I am very allergic to it. The skin around my eyes has been peeling for almost eighteen months. Attempting to wear eye makeup is so painful that I have been forced to stop wearing it. Let me tell you that dark under eye circles look good on no one. Especially not on me. In good news, now that I know what the problem is, I can fix it. In bad news, all of my eye make up has to go… a small piece of me is dying with each expensive mascara, eyeliner, and shadow that I toss.
5. At Home Gel Manicures. I had my first gel manicure around Christmas. It totally rocked my world. As much as I loved it, I am way too
cheap budget conscious to shell out that kind of money- the last time I had a pedicure was because I was too pregnant to reach my toes myself (June 2009). So, being the resourceful gal I am I bought one of the at-home kits. It sucked. Sally Henson, you are a dirty liar! I have one of my girlfriend’s at home gel manicure kits to try, and have my finger (nails) crossed for a better result.
6. The Bachelor. The Finale!! As this is my virgin season, I am not sure if this really is the “The Most Dramatic Season Ever”, but I am so hooked! I have already
warned asked my husband to keep his comments to himself! Happy Watching!