1. Indiana Basketball. This is the only time of year I pay any attention to sports. Sure, sports events are a great excuse to have a party and drink wine, but as far at the sports go, I could care less… I am LOVING watching March Madness, and am so excited to cheer for my team! Extra points for anyone who knows why the Indiana players do not have their names on their jerseys.
2. Target. Why is it that every single time I walk through those doors, I spend WAY WAY more money than I had planned on. I do not know why I even bother with a list as what I actually buy is never on it.
3.Wedding Pictures. Even after all these years, I still get a bit misty eyed when I look through my wedding album. I also feel very old… while my pictures are wonderful, and I am still The Most Beautiful Bride Ever, my pictures are dated. Since my wedding, pictures have changed from the standard posing- bride with bridesmaids at alter, groom with bridesmaids at alter, etc- into more journalist and more artsy. Today’s pictures reflect the personalities of the couple, and are far less formal. I would change a few things about my wedding, with the number one being the photography. Engaged gals take note: pictures are forever and you WILL still care years later about how the pictures (and everyone in them) look.
4. The Bar Method. Supposedly the hottest workout- touted as “the most targeted body sculpting workout- in Hollywood since Pilates, I jumped at the chance to try it. A friend of mine had a guest pass and invited me to go with her. I enjoyed it. My thigh (and hamstrings and gluts and calves) were not such big fans… which is a success in my book.
5. Chocolate Banana Bread. Emma and I were making banana bread on Saturday, and we were inspired by the cocoa powder that leapt out of the cabinet when we opened the doors. It turned out to be a great addition to our bread. I would share the recipe except that I never use one. Which is great because it’s always a surprise (ha!) but sad because I can never seem to replicate exactly what I did…
6. Snow. As faithful readers know, I Over Snow. I grew up in the Midwest and have seen my fair share of the stuff. However, I was a little nostalgic for the coziness that a snow day brings….