1. Bangs. Right after Emma was born, I got bangs. I had been wanting bangs for quite a while, and clearly was not going to commit to them while preggo. I loved them for about six months. I HATED them for the twelve months it took to grow them back out. I recently sent my friend Caroline some old pictures. After she received them, she sent me a text asking why we had ever allowed her to have bangs. The great irony is that one of the main reasons I got bangs was because they looked so cute on her! I maintain they looked cute on her regardless of what she says!
2. Getting Gas. I hate hate HATE getting gas. In the nine years I have known my husband, I can count on one hand the number of times I have gotten gas if he is in town. It’s awesome, and a reminder that chivalry is not dead.
3. High School Mascots. I saw a bumper sticker this week that boasted of the Terriers… When I hear ‘terrier’ I think little yippy dog. This image does not strike fear in the heart of any opponent… however, those who live in glass houses should not throw stones. My high school mascot was The Marker… short for The Hallmark of Excellence.
4. No more free weekends. We are currently scheduling into January. In case anyone is interested in plans… Every year, right after my birthday, things get crazy busy- the holidays, family visits, etc. It is great to be in such demand, but a little frustrating at the same time.
5. My Birthday. I finally had to accept that my birthday is, in fact, over. We decorate our mantle with cards as the occassion arises- Valentine’s Day, birthdays, etc . I took down all of the cards (and put them in my card box in the attic. I have every card I have ever been sent, including cards my mother received when I was born). Now my mantle is bare =(
6. Gangnam Style. How can you not love it? Emma LOVES this song! One of the reasons I think she loves it so much is because her father is AMAZING at replicating it! Enjoy!!