1. Cake and Champagne. Is my most favorite meal of all time. Every year on my birthday, this is what we have for dinner. It is amazing.
2. Petit Fours. Are the New Cake, in my opinion. My husband’s family takes their cake VERY SERIOUSLY, and for good reason. His Aunt Judye makes the most amazing birthday cake in the whole wide world. It is a white cake with frosting; its’ simplicity is its’ genius. I had to marry into the family before they would release the recipe. HOWEVER, I do not have as much of a sweet tooth as I once did (finally, some good news about getting older!), and while still amazing, Aunt Judye cake is a little too sweet for me. Enter petit fours. Elegant, delicious, and just the right size. Publix has the market cornered, they have the best petit fours; no other bakery even comes close.
3. My Favorite Bartender. Every one needs to have a few key people in their life. A good hair stylist, doctor, accountant, and well-connected friend all come to mind. I believe that a great bartender, one who knows you and has your drink pouring as you walk into the restaurant is also a Must Have. Mine is named Matt, and he has the Kendall Jackson Chardonnay waiting for me by the time I get to the bar. It is amazeballs.
4. CD Liner Notes. I was in the car, attempting to sing along to a Pearl Jam song. I say attempting because I have no idea what Eddie is actually saying. Back in the day, I would have pulled out my CD case, unfolded the liner and memorized the words, so I could properly sing along with Eddie. These days, I guess I would You Tube the song and hope for the best… Funny to think that my daughter will live her entire teenage career without pouring over liner notes…
No 5. Chanel. I have worn Coco Mademoiselle for years. It is my signature scent. I have been anxiously awaiting the day when I am Sophisticated and Elegant enough to switch to No 5. My godmother (who, truth be told, is more like my Fairy Godmother because she has introduced me to things like David Yurman and Kappa Kappa Gamma) sent me my first bottle of Chanel No 5 for my birthday this week. It’s official: I have arrived!
6. Pumpkin Rice Krispy Treats. Seriously, is there anything cuter?! Emma and I made these Friday night, and by MADE I mean I played defense while Emma attempted to eat everything in sight- cereal, marshmallows, icing, and tootise rolls. Smart kiddo!