1. Sex and the City. I will watch this show anytime it is on. It doesn’t matter if there are only three minutes left. It doesn’t matter if I have seen it four thousand times. This show was so iconic and so universal- it is rare to meet someone who doesn’t like it. What is today’s version of SATC? I don’t think there is one.
2. Sex and the City The Movie. Everything that I just said about the TV show… only flipped. I hated this movie! The brilliance of the show (to me) was the messy endings. In real life (at least in my real life), things do not work out perfectly all the time… Also, I hate the musical score. It makes the whole thing seem less real and more movie (which I guess is the point).
3. That Mother. Thursday, I had to take Emma to the doctor. She was a disaster rather poorly behaved. I was That Mother Who Could Not Control Her Child…. And I was out of options. If I spanked her (yes, we spank. You can discipline your child however you would like to. This is one of the ways we discipline ours.) I risked DFACS (Department ofFamily and Children Services) being called on me. If I ignored it, I was making everyone else’s life miserable. I was That Mother. I will not be as judgmental to other mothers, especially in the candy aisle again.
5. Pumpkin. I love pumpkin pie. I love pumpkin candles. I love pumpkin bread. (I understand Starbucks has a great pumpkin coffee thing. I hate Starbucks, so I have no firsthand knowledge of this drink.) However, there is such a thing as too much pumpkin… While shopping at Trader Joe’s, I came across pumpkin beer and pumpkin chai tea bags. I love Oktoberfest beer, so I was really excited for the pumpkin beer. I have vanilla chai tea every morning, so I was sure I would love the pumpkin tea. Oh, how wrong I was! The beer was so pumpkiny I am surprised I did not have strands of pumpkin in my teeth. Even Thomas could not drink it, and poured it down the drain (a small piece of him died). The tea, which boasted nutmeg and cinnamon, seemed more promising. It was not. The cinnamon was so strong it was spicy… and the pumpkin flavor was again so overwhelming. A total FAIL on both counts.
6. Missing Puppy. Emma’s special lovey is a small stuffed puppy. She has spent one night away from Puppy since she was born. Well, one night until last night (and tonight). She has misplaced Puppy… thankfully we have Puppy #2 and Bonnie Bunny in residence. Last night was fine. She was up extra early this morning, but sans tears. Wish us luck tonight!