1. Cabin Fever. Last week it was the heat. This week it is the rain. I know we desperately need the rain, and I know that folks in the Midwest, particularly in my beloved Indiana (GO HOOSIERS!) would tap dance on my head for complaining about the rain, but seriously it has rained every day. And thundered. The loudest thunder ever in the history of thunder. It gave me a stomach ache! It was so loud and so sudden it kept scaring me. After jumping out of my own skin so many times, I was a nervous wreck!
2. Menchie’s Red Velvet frozen yogurt. I will do very bad things for this. Especially bad things if you cover the fro yo with chocolate sprinkles… very very bad things…
3. I thought I lost my phone. And I stopped breathing. Emma and I hopped in the car, on the way to run some errands. We were rushing off (we are always rushing off. Does anyone out there actually leave their house in a relaxed manner? How do you do it?!) and I put my phone on top of the car while I buckled her into her carseat. I grabbed my phone and hopped into the car and drove off. Or did I? OMG THE HORROR. As calmly (which really wasn’t very calmly at all. In truth, it was very panicky and rushed and I possibly jerked the wheel.) as possible, I steered the car into a driveway and with shaking hands dug through my purse. When my hands closed around my iPhone, all was right in my world again.
4. Wikipedia and why it has ruined reality TV. I was so totally in love with Basketball Wives. I finished the first season, and wanted more. So I googled it, and discovered Wikipedia entries on the show, the cast, and related topics. Of course I read it. Now I totally know everything and watching the show would be a waste of my time (because time spent watching these shows is clearly productive).
5. Single Mom. Thomas was gone all week. I was the Only Show In Town. Man, it’s a lot of work! I commend all single parents. I am particularly impressed with military spouses, who voluntarily sign up for long stints as a single parent. My hat goes off to you, and I am eternally grateful for everything you do for my freedom.
6. Church. It’s Sunday. We went to church (Mass). Yay us! Emma loves LOVES church, which I am so hoping continues especially during her teenage years. Yay Jesus!