1. Pollen. Green is the New Black. It is covering EVERYTHING. I moved to Atlanta nine years ago and it still blows my mind every spring. Words cannot do justice to the amount of pollen, so just look at the pictures and be smug you do not live here!
2. The Pink House. Thomas and I went to Savannah for a wedding this weekend, and we finally made it to the Pink House. The Pink House is a historical building that was a favorite hang out of Revolutionary war heroes. It was saved in the 1950s and converted into a restaurant. In all the years we have been visiting Savannah we have never been there, despite our best efforts. From all accounts, it combines several of my favorite things- history, great food and drinks, dress required (in the dining room), and pink! On Friday, we finally made it! As an added bonus, my parents attended the wedding as well and came with us. It was wonderful.
3. Phone 5. I got a new phone- the iPhone 5. I love the bigger screen and the fact that is it more lightweight. I HATE the fact that I had to buy all new chargers for it. Well played Apple, well played.
4. Sirrus Satellite Radio. Wow! How cool! I realize I am the last one to this party, but I am finally here! The drive to Savannah flew by with the addition of Sirrus. In an added bonus, I am discovering all kinds of 90s tunes I had forgotten about- C&C Music Factory anyone?!
5. Dance Lessons. We did not see a lot of my parents at the wedding because they were too busy dancing. They took up dance lessons last year and have been tearing it up ever since. There was a wonderful eleven (!) piece band at the wedding and they made the most of it. I think they intimidated everyone else because no one else was dancing! It was great to watch, and Thomas suggested that we take lessons. He might or might not have been on his second bourbon when he said it, but I am taking it! Now, we just have to find a place that will accommodate his schedule (which is basically open ended ALL THE TIME).
6. My allergies. My allergy woes continue. I recently found out I am allergic to thimersol, which is a chemical commonly found in contact solution and make up. After switching all my contact solutions and make up, I am still having the same issues… and this time, they think the culprit might be nail polish. Anyone who knows me AT ALL has never seen my fingers (let alone my toes) without polish. A small (OK large) piece of me DIED when I heard that… .thankfully, it is not confirmed. Confirmation will come in the shape of more long term patch tests… cannot wait…