1. Thank You Veterans. Especially today, and each and every day. God Bless you all.
The Election. Regardless, it is over. No more “Ohio” or “Pennsylvania” for four more years- at least three and a half anyway. I call that a cause for celebration!
3. No More News. I have had it! I was a news junkie in the weeks and months leading up to the election. Radio, TV, and Internet were all sources of my addiction…I also abused the apps on my iPhone. I even used good old-fashioned magazines and newspapers to get my fix. Bottom line: if it was news related, I was watching/listening/reading it. I. Am. Done. No more. I started my day Wednesday watching GMA . I watched a piece on gel manicures: at home kits vs the salon (the salon kind are WAY better). I also learned how to poach an egg. Totally mindless. It was awesome.
4. Cold Mornings. I go to the gym before work. I maintain it is less painful because I am not really awake. Also, I get a certain level of
smug satification from knowing that by 7am I have dominated the day. The worst part, by far, is getting out of my warm, cozy bed. Dark and cold are great for sleeping for a reason, my friends. As much as I abhor cold mornings, I find myself praying for freezing temperatures. Last year, we did not have a ‘hard freeze’ in Georgia, which meant that all of the bugs- mosquitos, ticks, roaches and fleas for example- were not killed. We have had a MESS of bugs as a result this summer, and I am not excited about the possibility of another buggy year.
5. The Battle Of The (Potty) Bowl. Is over! I reign victoriously! Last Thursday, we told Emma she was not going to be wearing pull ups anymore. She was donezo. I am so pleased to report that she did not call our bluff; and while she has had a few accidents, she hasn’t looked back.
6. TV Without Cable. I think we might be ready to cut the cord. We have an Apple TV (iTV?) and Netflix, and are finding ourselves almost exclusively using them for our TV viewing.I do not watch anything on live TV (see #2) except for Real Housewives (Atlanta and OC. I really tried Miami; I really really did.). Thomas likes USA Network, but is having a hard time justifying the monthly bill for just one channel. If anyone has done it, please let me know how you did and how happy you are!